Rest of the Story:
At the Kathleen Yamauchi Real Estate Group we employ the services of a professional real estate photographer. With that being said we know what you can do to help ensure that you get the best possible photos of your home for sale. After all pictures that represent the best features of your home can be the difference of thousands of dollars as well, it could mean the difference of whether your home even gets noticed at all.
In addition to vacuuming, dusting and general straightening up, below are tips to further prepare your home for a professional real estate photographer.
- Make sure to open all of the blinds and drapes
- Turn on all of the lights and replace burn out bulbs
- Turn all ceiling fans off
- De-personalize your home by removing family photos
- Remove all Kleenex tissue boxes
- Hide any remote controls you may have
- Have your windows professionally cleaned
- Make sure to remove counter clutter like bills, pen jar, phone wires
- Put dishes, soap bottles, rags away
- Remove everything from the outside surface of the fridge such as magnets, clips and notes
- Remove oven handle towels
- Put fidos dog bowl away
- Remove all personal items and clutter from countertops
- Clean mirrors and shower doors
- Remove little floor mats
- Remove any towels from shower door
- Remove the trash can
- Remove vehicles and trash/recycle cans from front of your home
- Straighten and uncover outdoor furniture
- Put cushions on outdoor furniture
- Uncover the grill
- Make sure to open patio umbrellas
- Hide garden tools, hoses and childrens’ toys
By following the list above the photographs of you home will make it stand out and you may be able to sell your home for a higher price.
If you would like to learn more about how you can utilize a real estate photographer to get the most from your home, click here to contact the Kathleen Yamauchi Real Estate Group today.